Thursday 2 July 2015

#NicaTravels: Nica Heads to Sardinia with the Laila Tote

As designing another new season collection came to an end, I seized the opportunity to grab a week’s holiday in the beautiful Sardinina, the second largest island in the Mediterranean sea which of course belongs to Italy. 


I rented a picturesque cottage amidst the backdrop of glorious blooms that was just a stone’s throw away from the clear waters of the sea and its pebbly beach. A selfie in such a beautiful location is always a must!  

Even though relaxation was the main thing on my holiday agenda, I can’t help but use the occasion to soak up a little more design inspiration for future collections. Especially when I'm surrounded by the beautiful countryside and rural Italian architecture. Even the crazy paving of the floor caught my eye.     


The perk of being a handbag designer is that you’re never without a new bag. My wardrobes may be overflowing with handbags and purses but at least I’m always spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the perfect travel companion.

This time around, I opted for my gorgeous new season statement boho tote, Laila. It’s finished with a blue frame design that was inspired by some tiling that I found upon a Greek getaway last year, which wouldn’t at all look out of place in Sardinia either.


The Laila tote is made from synthetic material which means that it also makes just a great of a beach buddy as it does a shopping companion. My beach bag essentials always include a sketch pad and watercolours as there’s nothing more relaxing than painting the beautiful surrounding scenery as you’re lay upon the beach.

Where are you taking your #MyNica bags on holiday this year? Drop me a comment below or tweet me @Nica_Handbags as I’m always looking for new travel inspiration – who knows, maybe your suggestions will inspire my next collection.   

Love, 
Nica Kim 
- x - 

No comments:

Post a Comment