Friday 6 February 2015

Nica's Favourite Things: Inside the Hem Yard Hotel

If you want to be a designer, then you need to keep up with the industry’s trends, which means that I often find myself visiting plenty of trade fayres like the Lineapelle leather exhibition that I visited last week.


This time around, it was held at London’s Him Yard hotel and as I was perusing the rows of leathers, I absolutely fell in love with the venue! The Hem Yard hotel is based in Soho, just yards from Mayfair and boasts individually designed rooms by its co-owner and interior designer Kit Kemp.    


Everything from the bar to the hallways are completed with a quirky finish which is something that I can really relate to as a designer, and it's definitely one of the most fun hotels that I've ever visited. 


I loved its interior so much that I had to explore as many rooms as possible after leaving the exhibition, and discovered a room that featured the perfect combination of vintage feeling posters and contemporary lighting. Now, if only I could make my showroom look a little bit like this.  


My own apartment is filled with an eclectic mix of furniture and fun bits and bobs that I’ve collected from all around the world. So, I immediately fell in love when I walked into their tea room with its fun mix of different chairs and exuberantly painted walls. It’s one cool place to enjoy a cup of tea.


With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I found the perfect place to enjoy a drink too. Lavishly decorated in lustrous red and complemented with eye popping neon lights, it’s a room with a definite Nica style twist! 

I hope you’ve enjoyed discovering a new place in London with me, and if you unearth a must see location, then why not share it with me by dropping a comment below?   




No comments:

Post a Comment