Saturday 26 April 2014

Nica's Design Inspirations: Explore My Favourite Vintage Influences


This week, I wanted to share with you one of my favourite vintage stores in London, The Shop in East London (3 Cheshire Street to be exact!). It’s one of my favourite ever places to snap up a great thrifty find, and believe it or not, it’s also acted as a source of inspiration for my own designs in the past too!  



It's filled with a selection of not only vintage clothing and accessories but also a great range of textiles too. One of my favourite finds there, was a beautiful silk scarf. It always has a great choice of scarves to choose from, and their prints have often inspired my own print designs too. 


I love to infuse my designs with a vintage feel and not just be driven by the mainstream trends, and although some of my designs may not look overtly vintage, some of them have been influenced by vintage elements without you even realising! On the other hand, clearly vintage inspired pieces such as my Darcia Doctor's bag remind me of my days spent rummaging around my favourite vintage hotspots.   


Where's your favourite spot for picking up a great vintage find? Why not drop me a comment below or get in touch @Nica_Handbags on Twitter? I may even visit it for myself! 

Love Nica,
- x - 


No comments:

Post a Comment