Friday 18 April 2014

Nica's Design Inspiration: The Scarlet Collection

As you know, I love to travel around the UK or further afield abroad, and a lot of my handbag designs are influenced by this. Anything can inspire a new design, and whilst creating our S/S 14 collection, I found myself admiring the beautiful architecture of Bath. 


Its cathedral and Roman baths are defined by its intricate design detailing are yet another source that set me upon a quest to capture something similar upon my own handbag designs this season. 


Bath is such an inspiring place to visit with a clearly rich heritage that you just can't help but soak up. After wandering around its sites, I seized the opportunity to sample one of its traditional Bath buns too. It was yummy!


Another great source of modern design inspiration is Pinterest. I can spend hours pinning my favourite things and then suddenly be inspired to create a new design myself. With intricate detailing in mind, I also spent a couple of hours researching the laser cut effect on Pinterest, which included looking how other designers had interpreted this technique within their designs.  


My Scarlet collection is defined by its laser cut detailing, and its cute bee hardware is of course one of my key traits this season too. What do you think of the collection? Do you have a favourite piece yet? 

If you enjoy gaining a little insider knowledge about NICA, then, be sure to follow my blog, or Instagram to see our latest sneak peeks! 

Love Nica, 
- x - 

No comments:

Post a Comment